Sunday, September 27, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
On the pier getting ready to attend a fashion show.
What can I say I'm an 80's baby.
Posted by Charece at 7:41 PM
Monday, March 30, 2009
RULES: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, and/or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. WRITE ONE so I can read yours while I'm bored at work.
1. I absolutely hate it when random men call me sexy... I'm so not flattered;I understand that that's a characteristic of me but in not my name so please stop.
2. I have a thing for nerdy, dorky men...their nerdism does something to me
3. I hate it when men that I percieve as nerdy or dorky turn out to be normal pigheaded men after all, it ruins everything smh.
4. I have a really bad habit that I'm trying to break right now but I never tell u what it is (wink) well maybe it's not thaat bad lol.
6. I loooove electronic music, but I can never listen to it around my peers cause they think im weird for liking it smh. (well ladies get use to it cause I'm gonna be blasting it in the car pretty soon.)
7. When angry, I play random scenes in my head of me getting revenge on the people who make me mad.
8. Umm as you can see by #7, I'm a bit of a dork!
9. I love sponatneity, it gives me a rush like no other!
10. I'd say about 75% of my day consist of me daydreaming and fantasizing about different things.
11. I have a mild case of obsseive compulsive disorder and can't sleep when things are out of place, it drives me absolutely insane (okay maybe its not that mild after all).
12. I love to be in control of almost everything most of the time; others time I can just sit back and let someone else get there hands dirty.
13. Many people don't know this by looking at me... but I be very sensitive at times. There's been times when I've broken down in cried in front of total strangers (Melissa, Robyn shut up, dont u dare bring that up.)
14. I'm a cry baby and I been this way for a long time and crying has gotten me almost everything I've wanted at the time, but I swear to you, I do not cry just to get my way; it's just something I can't control.
15. People say i'm bossy, but I honestly think that things go better when I'm in control of the situation.
16. The last couple of statements may make you think I'm a B!t@$ but I'm really a caring indiviual who carries the weight of others on my shoulders (tear).
17. I still sing in front of the mirror with a brush as a microphone and pretend I'm famous lol!
18. I can sometimes come across as serious and uptight but I'm really a child at heart.( so I was told by a 7 yr. old lol can u believe it?)
19. (Bashful) I have a bit of a crush on one of the people I've tagged in this note.
20. I talk so much trash but can only back it up 45 % of the time.
21. I'm very self-conscious about my butt and wish people would just get over the fact that it's big...it's been big for 25 years leave it alone gosh.
22. I've always wanted to travel back in time into the 70's and wear a big afro and sexy tight clothing like Pam Grier.
23. I love making people feel nervous (there goes that control issue again, sorry).
24. I would love to meet a guy who I can be buddies with and still be in a romantic relationship with too(guys are so uptight these days ugh).
25. Wish I could get in the minds of men to see what they're really thinking; sometimes I think it's all a facade, it's gotta be they can't be that complicated.
Posted by Charece at 12:53 PM
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Here is a sketch of another one of the pieces,
the outer design you see will be transferred to each corner of the linoleum block.
Some reference I've been using. Stay Tuned.
Posted by Charece at 11:50 AM
Seeing the work of another artist and speaking with them first hand gives me the drive to also create. With work and everything else in the way I haven't quite found the time to do so, but with a new job at hand and a flexible schedule I've definitely gotta step my game up...Check out these photos I shot at a recent Art Show I attended for some local artist.
Portrait of Basquait, this one's my favorite.
Posted by Charece at 9:10 AM
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Okay so I'm a thrift store addict, and I have my reasons as to why I prefer second hand shops oppose to "regular" shops. One I feel like every year it's the same ish, different color at "regular" stores, two I can never find stuff that represents me and three, I hate wearing the same items I see everybody else wearing, I prefer to be different; and you can believe I can always accomplish that at a second hand store.
I consider myself to be a very bright individual...not so much book wise lol, but personality wise I'm a very fun and exciting person which is why I adore this new fuchsia dress I pick up from the Good Will for only $8 and all I did was pair it up with a different belt to give it two different looks...oh and the hair added some effect too ;)
My New Favorite Dress
Love the ruffles...
How do you like my new bang?
That's not all I got. Check out my the other pieces I found in later post.
Posted by Charece at 7:20 PM
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
*Wish I could have taken a full length pic but that night was extremely hectic.
Okay so the dress wasn't originally the length that it is now. I cut approximately 3 inches off the bottom to make more fun and flirty. I've always imagined the previous owner to be an older woman who wore the dress to church and other gatherings in a more sophisticated manner. But me, I wasn't even tryna be sophisticated on my b-day if you know what I mean, so I had to think of a way to make the dress young, fly, and flashy without over doing. That is why I decided to go with these pieces to sexy it up a bit.
Where I Got Em:
Earrings: found them in my jewelry box; had for years now but can't remember where I got em or how much I paid for them.
Necklace: Forever 21 $10
Dress: Village Thrift Store $7
Clutch: borrowed from my mommy
Shoes: Burlington Factory $20
A night of fun at Buddakan wit my girls: Price less
I love, love, love these shoes...
Here are some flick of me and my girls at Buddakan, an amazing restaurant with the most delicious food I've ever tasted hands down.
The 10 foot Buddha Statue...one day I too shall achieve a state of mind that he was said to have achieved.
Posted by Charece at 10:31 AM